Chat Help Tips
- How do I get started?
- You must create a Login ID and password. Please note that your Login ID will appear with your question or posting and will be visible to others. Therefore, make sure the Login ID you select is not your real name or email address.
- How do I ask a question?
- To submit a question, simply type it into the text-entry box directly below the chat display, then press "Enter" on your keyboard or click the 'Ask' button.
- Will my question be answered?
- Many people participate in each chat, and the doctor will answer as many questions as time allows. It may take a while for your question to appear, depending on where it falls in the queue. If many questions are asked regarding the same topic, not all questions may appear — the speaker may summarize. If your question is not answered during the chat, you may click on “Contact Us” to answer your question.
- I missed part of the chat.
- The transcript button is for those who log on in the middle of the chat. Please click on this button to see what has been discussed already. After the chat, Heart and Vascular chat transcripts are posted here.
- I forgot my password.
- If you have forgotten your password, click here.
The Cleveland Clinic web chats are meant for information only, and should not take the place of advice provided by a physician. If you want medical advice from a Cleveland Clinic physician, you would need to make an appointment with a physician or utilize our eClevelandClinic service.