Raed A. Dweik, M.D.
About the Department
The Cleveland Clinic Foundationís Pulmonary Vascular group is comprised of a team of Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians, advanced practice nurses, research nurses, and research fellows. We have a very active program and the group evaluates around 500 pulmonary hypertension patients a year.
The Center for Advanced Skills Training offers both a two week and a four week long rotation for training in the recognition of and treatment for pulmonary hypertension.
The objectives of the program include:
The goal of this program is to provide a focused and concentrated training experience for community physicians, mainly pulmonogists and cardiologists, and to expose these physicians to various aspects of a very active pulmonary hypertension program.
There are several core objectives for this program:
- To understand the pathophysiology of pulmonary hypertension
- To observe and participate in work-up of new and established pulmonary hypertension patients
- To evaluate the role of different available therapeutic options for pulmonary hypertension
- To be exposed to and interact with a panel of national experts in the field of pulmonary hypertension
- To participate in recruitment for current clinical trials
- To evaluate pulmonary hypertension patients and devise evaluation, treatment, and follow up plans under the supervision of pulmonary hypertension experts
- To participate in the weekly pulmonary hypertension discussions on all new and complex cases
Requirements for participation
To be accepted into the program, participants must be board certified in Pulmonary Disease or Cardiology. They must either be licensed in the state of Ohio or eligible to obtain a Special Activities Permit from the Ohio State Medical Board. The applicants must also have practicing privileges in their home institutions.
The registration for the two week program is $2,500 and $5,000 for the four week long program.
Please review the Participation Agreement included in the application package for other related details.
Two week rotation:
Four week rotation:
- November 7 to 19 (including PH symposium on the 19th)
- November 19 to December 2 (including PH symposium on the 19th)
- November 7 to December 2 (including PH symposium on the 19th)