Join the Band
We need players in ALL sections of the band. No sections are "full."
Eligibility for Band Membership: You must
- Be able to play (and own or have access to) a standard band instrument (no strings, please),
- Be able to read music,
- Be an employee or volunteer (Ambassador) of Cleveland Clinic, or be willing to become one,
- Make a returnable deposit of $25 each for the uniform jacket and vest and wear one of them (decision of the conductor) for each performance,
- Commit to attend a majority of rehearsals and performances.
If you wish to join the Cleveland Clinic Ambassadors (volunteers) please click here (pdf) to obtain an application form. Print it, fill it out (all 3 pages), and bring it to a rehearsal.
THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT! There are no formal auditions. The music is approximately at the high school band level of difficulty. It consists of marches, light concert music, show music, overtures, etc.
The band's governing board, listed in alphabetical order, currently consists of:
- Randolph Baxter
- John Clough (chairperson)
- Cheryl Drake
- Debbie Hassing
- Patricia Lawrence
- Dan Lindner (secretary)
- Jim Nousek