Young Business Leaders Student Criteria for Application
Student must have the following:
- A strong interest in STEMM+ (science, technology, engineering, math and medicine), business, and/or communications – especially as these areas of focus relate to health care careers;
- Must be 16 years of age by June 1, 2013;
- Must be entering 11th, or 12th grade in the fall of the 2013-2014 academic year;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale;
- No more than 5 absences or tardies in the last semester of the previous school year, documented on transcript or by guidance counselor recommendation form;
- Attitude scores of 4's and 5's only, documented on the transcript or by guidance recommendation form.
The following is desirable but not required -
- At least one (1) year participatory experience in science research or responsibility for science fair project design and research.
- Volunteer experience in a hospital, nursing home, community based program or activity (can be part of a school organization project).
Students will be considered for the program upon review of application and supporting materials. Short listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview. Students will be finally admitted based upon a combined evaluation of their application and interview performances.