Student Criteria for Application
Student must have the following:
- A strong interest in the arts and an expressed interest in a creative career in medicine;
- Must be 16 years of age by June 1, 2013;
- Must be entering the 11th or 12th grade in the fall of the 2013-14 academic year;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale;
- No more than five absences or tardies in the last semester of the previous school year, documented on the transcript or on the guidance counselor recommendation form;
- Attitude scores of 4's and 5's only, documented on the transcript or on the guidance counselor recommendation form.
The following is also required -
- Portfolio of ONLY two (2) samples of creative work from your 9th or 10th grade year only. Examples of what you may want to choose as your submission for your portfolio include short stories, poems, school newspaper articles, musical compositions, recordings of theatre, music, or dance performances, photographs, paintings, cartoons, and computer generated art.
Students will be considered for the program upon review of application and supporting materials. Short listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview. Students will be finally admitted based upon a combined evaluation of their application and interview performances.