The Office of Civic Education Initiatives conducts education-focused community benefit planning for the Cleveland Clinic as a part of the organization’s commitment to strengthening the cultural and educational health of Northeast Ohio. Office objectives include:
- Sharing the intellectual and scientific resources of The Cleveland Clinic/Cleveland Clinic Health System to provide students, teachers, and the community at large with valuable learning opportunities.
- Partnering with area schools, local businesses, and fellow nonprofit organizations to create educational programming in the areas of math, science, health and wellness, and the arts.
- Recruiting and maintaining a dedicated corps of employee-volunteers to serve as mentors for area students.
- Developing and implementing arts-based learning models in pre- and postsecondary education to foster innovation and creativity.
- Utilizing technology to provide regional, national, and global learning opportunities that assist The Cleveland Clinic/Cleveland Clinic Health System in carrying out its overall mission – the advancement of patient care, education, and research.
The success of our region is dependent upon smart, highly educated individuals. Through the Office of Civic Education Initiatives, we at Cleveland Clinic are contributing to what we consider our most precious resource and our best and brightest hope for the future.